Poetry Entry 2012
CRICKET POETRY AWARD – value $2000
Entries will be accepted in 2012 from any poet, writer or author who completes their poem in the 12 months leading up to the closing date – 31st August 2012.
The organisers invite poets to write and submit a poem that depicts life in and around the game and sport of cricket, in settings of backyard, street, beach, park, village green or social-cricket. The genre may be narrative, epic, dramatic, satirical, lyrical, elegy or verse fable.
The Cricket Poetry Award will be run in conjunction with the Cricket Art Prize, and the winner will be announced at the Cricket Art Prize opening event – Members Pavilion – Sydney Cricket Ground, 4th Oct 2012.
Please check the particulars supplied on the entry form and ensure that your entry is in accordance with the conditions below.
(1) Each competitor may enter ONE work only. The entry must be the original work of the competitor;
(2) Entries should be posted and e-mailed together with a completed entry form and a non-refundable $20.00 (including GST) handling fee to the Publishers’ Cup Inc by 2012.
Any work not accompanied by payment of $20.00 will not be eligible for the competition. Payment may be made by cheque, money order, postal note to the Publishers’ Cup Inc or Electronic Funds Transfer details: ANZ Bank BSB 012235 A/C 1105 99931 or can be paid using PayPal to the email address: derekz [at] cricketartprize [dot] org
(3) The statutory declaration on the entry form must be completed by the competitor;
(4) The size of the poem must NOT EXCEED 150 words;
(5) Entries must be clearly marked with the artist’s name and address and the title of the work;
(6) Entries will not be accepted unless free of charges. No payment will be made by the organisers for couriers, bank transfer fees or other charges incurred in the delivery of any entry;
(7) Competitors hereby consent to their work being reproduced by the Exhibition Venues and the media in all advertising and publicity inclusive of all electronic / digital or print media for the future promotion of the Cricket Poetry Award;
(8) Sponsors and charities associated with the Publishers’ Cup Inc reserve the right to reproduce the winning entry and all finalists in all Publishers’ Cup Inc publications and publicity inclusive of all electronic/digital or print media;
(9) The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
A $20.00 (incl. GST) fee is payable for the poem entered.
POST YOUR ENTRY TO:
Cricket Poetry Award
Suite 23/53 O’Brien Street
Bondi Beach NSW 2026
To contact us:
E-mail: derekz [at] cricketartprize [dot] org
Phone inside Australia: 0411 572 100
Overseas callers dial: +61 411 572 100